Sunday, August 2, 2015

CHARMY'S ARMY IN "TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART" - COMIC STRIP 01


I completed a full page submission for an upcoming publication called "The Sunday Comics". The publication's KickStarter campaign ends in a few days. Unfortunately they did not get even half of the money they sought. I am hoping they regroup and maybe try doing just a digital version or reel back their distribution range to a smaller demographic for the initial run.

Whether or not the publication makes it or not, I got a really cool piece out of the exercise. I pitted Frenchy as Warrior Wench Wendy against Charmy as Captain Eclipse resulting in the most action packed strip I have ever produced.

Over the next week, I will post snippets from my page. I will conclude this week's posts on Friday with a full page preview of the submission. You will all be impressed. I know I actually amazed myself. I find the harder I work, the better I get. If you want something bad enough, you can get it. You just have to work... very hard. I have put in so many hours over the past year and it is all just now beginning to pay off.

This blog is going to be my primary focus. My goal is to post a meaningful post every day. Not sure how the heck I will do that. What do I have to offer my readers every day? Well, believe me, I can talk for hours on end about cartooning and pop culture. I will figure it out.

If you have any suggestions for posts you'd like to see me blog about, let me know.

I am thinking I may post a weekly post entitled "Captain's Blog" where Charmy writes a diary entry about his experiences at Fort Hill. This would be an weekly look inside the mind and heart of Charmen "Charmy" Packy. Another weekly post I am considering is a weekly Frenchy Cosplay sketch where I would discuss Frenchy's reflection on the character she impersonates. I also will add a Weekly Puzzle on Saturdays called "Crack the Code" were you play as an Army Intelligence Officer and your mission is to decipher the enemy message.

This blog is going to be awesome.Please subscribe my email for updates and check in often. I get paid every time a reader pops over. My goal is to one day make enough money I can do this full time. Man, just think of what I could do with an extra 40 plus hours per week dedicated to my dream!!!! I would do 6 strips each week and have even more time for other wacky projects like graphic novels and more Comic Con appearances!

Follow my blog and you'll help ME follow my dream!

- Davy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!