Monday, August 31, 2015

Sketch Card - Frenchy as WOLVERINE

This week I am prepping for Amazing Houston Comic Con so in lieu of comic strips, I will be

posting a sketch card every day. Today we have Frenchy as Wolverine. My hope is that these sketch cards will sell well and I will finally pay for my table. I hear so many artists tell me they always do so well at these shows as they claim to sell so much they pay for their travel expenses, table cost and so much more. I have yet to see any of the artists around me sell enough to pay for their lunches during the two shows I have attended. I have kept a very close eye on everyone so I cannot figure out how they are making a profit.


That said, I am not attending these shows in hopes of getting rich. Nope. Plus I have no desire to do the grind these artists do... attending a show every weekend and traveling all over the place. My goal at each show is to get more readers and have more people follow my website here at www.okracomics.com.

That said, I have been pretty successful. I have received an additional 100 to 150 readers at each of the two shows I have attended so far. My goal at Amazing Houston Comic Con is to see an additional 200 new readers signing up to this blog. After the last two shows, I have only seen my daily hit count increase, but I have not seen my followers number increase by email subscriptions or by following via the Join This Site gadget. That is my fault though. I need to include in my pitch the fact that a simple entry of their email address in the Subscribe By Email will ensure they receive my strip straight to their email every day.

I'll work out the kinks and I bet this show will be the best ever!

- Davy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!